Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baby Whale

Can I buy some time?!?! I have many ideas for cards I would like to make, but not enough time:(  Thus, the inconsistent postings lately. The card below is for a sketch challenge found here, CCMC192 and a color challenge found at Just Add Ink, #108.  I punched a 1 3/4 inch circle and adhered the pool party zig-zags that I die cut using the Tasteful Trim die. I stamped the whale from Fox & Friends in Island Indigo and then cut it out. I punched with my paper piercer around the circle and added the banner made from the Petal Cone die with "Welcome Baby" from the Short & Sweet stamp set stamped in Early Espresso. A button was added to finish it off. This is a layout I plan to come back to as I have other cards I would like to make using it.  Thanks for stopping by!


Close-up of image.


Personal Note: My niece's basketball team made it to STATE!  We are very excited! We will have family staying with us, so I have a list of things I want to get done before they arrive tomorrow night. The only bummer is that my niece tore a ligament in her ankle, so she is limited on the amount of time she can play:( I did get samples of the Prom invites done and one has been chosen. Since they needed them like yesterday, I am planning on trying to get them all stamped and completed by Saturday. OK, I'm off to tackle my list and try to get outside to enjoy this beautiful weather.

9 comments:

Mae's Cachet said...

I like the simplicity of this card and how you have put the zigzag lines underneath the whale. Thanks for joining in our colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness! So much detail packed into that little circle! Adore your clever use of the ric-rack and the fussy-cut whale. Fantastic baby card! Thank you for playing along with us at CCMC!

Debbie Henderson said...

Paper Piercing was quite popular this week and I really like how you used it around your circle. The whale image is adorable! Thanks for participating with Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word this is just waaaaaaay too cute! LOVE the use of the whale and how you did the circle and the piercing! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love this layout and the amount of white you've used. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Narelle

Lisa Martz said...

Pretty cute! Great kid card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Deb said...

SO adorable!! I love the addition of the tasteful trim die! Really looks like waves! Perfect for the whale! What a truly clean and simple card! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

So sweet! Love the ric-rac in the background of the cute little whale! Darling card. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Christine Blain said...

Kari, this is so CUTE! What a lot of little details you've packed in to a clean card. Love the zig-zags inside the circle; very clever idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!