Monday, February 13, 2012

Navy Sympathy


The challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments (HSSCC104) was to make a monochromatic card using blues. My card base is Night of Navy with Vanilla cardstock embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Navy striped grosgrain ribbon was tied around the vanilla embossed panel. I stamped the image from Thoughts and Prayers in Night of Navy ink and then die cut it using the Label Framelits. The outside edge was sponged with Baja Breeze ink. I punched Baja Breeze and Marina Mist flowers using the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. Pearls were added to the middle of the flowers. The sketch was from Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge, SQSC25.

Thanks for looking!  I will be back later today with another card:)  It needs to be posted tonight for the challenge. The rest of the week may be sporadic with my posts as I need to work on taxes:( But, knowing me, I will put off the taxes and stamp instead!!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Yes, I'd put off taxes, too. Even if you're getting a return, it's still way more fun to stamp! Anyways, I really like your layout and the bow is perfect! Great use of color and I like the little flowers you added, too! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

Sharon Wheet said...

What a simply beautiful card!
thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC