Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Artistic Etchings

Have you seen the Artistic Etchings set in the catalog?  It is a beautiful set with so many possibilities.  I saw a card like this and decided to case it.  After I was finished with it, I decided to use a different Artistic Etchings card for my stamp club (check back later this week to see that one!)  This one is very clean and simple and uses one of my favorite color combos for more elegant cards of cherry cobbler, black and white.  I stamped the black using my staz on black stamp pad.  I have been using this pad a lot lately instead of the classic black.  The staz on black is a more true black than the classic black.  After stamping the Eiffel tower, I sprayed the white card stock with shimmer white ink mixed in rubbing alcohol.  (If you want more info on this, let me know and I can get more specific.)  By spraying the card stock with this, it shimmers!  It is hard to get a good photo of the shimmer, but I tried with the close-up.  Other items used in the card: cherry cobbler seam binding, ribbon punch and love letter designer paper.


No comments: