Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Back!!!

Where have I been you ask? I wish I could say on a wonderful vacation:) However, I have been here, just not blogging, only trying to survive! I've had some busy weeks with the end of school craft projects that I did for my children's classes, two of my nieces graduated (I helped with their parties...250 truffles and 6 pans of bars), and a Noah's birthday party as well as a trip to Duluth to see family. I "think" I'm caught up with my sleep, but with the rainy weather, I could take a nap right now and it's only 11:30! Anyway, on to more interesting things....

If you haven't already done so, check out the retiring stamp sets and accessories. There are A LOT of items retiring. You can place an order online at my website or email me your order.
I just received my pre-order from the new catalog and I want to share with you that the new colors are BEAUTIFUL and the catalog is AMAZING! I always think that there will not be many things I will want, but my wishlist is looong:)

The pictures below are from a gift that we gave to Noah's student teacher. It is a journal for her to record stories about teaching she doesn't want to forget and/or for her to have her students write messages to her in. Noah picked out the paper (non-SU) he thought represented her and I think he got it right, since she said her favorite color is pink! I stamped using the By Definition stamp set and adhered 2 scallop squares together from the SU scallop punch to make a rectangle. I wanted to have a "cute" bag, so I decided to decorate a blank gift bag using the Big Shot Flower Folds Die (I'm loving this die!). I layered the different size flowers and then punched a circle for the middle and raised it with dimensionals. Clean and simple, just how I like it!


Here is a close-up of the flower. Yes, I was in a hurry to take the picture, and I noticed it is a little blurry.
Have a great Saturday! We are going to swim at the YMCA this afternoon:)
Thanks for looking-
Kari


No comments: