Friday, May 14, 2010

Farewell Gift for Student Teacher

My son, Noah, had a student teacher this spring and today is her last day. The class is having a celebration, so of course I had to make something for her! I took some designer paper (non-SU) that Noah picked out and covered a composition notebook for her and stamped the definition for inspire on white cardstock and that layered it onto 2 square scallops that I adhered together to make a rectangle. I tied some celery satin ribbon on the edge of the notebook. On the first page, Noah wrote a thank you to her and I included a note for her as to the use for the notebook (if she chooses!). It is my hope that she will use this notebook to have students write her notes and/or for her to write down some of her own personal teaching stories that she doesn't want to forget. For the gift bag, I took a plain white bag and decorated it with flowers that were cut out of the same designer paper used on the notebook. I used the Flower Folds Die from the big shot. It was then adhered to the middle of the bag. This is a great way to make a matching bag for a present! Please overlook the not-so-good pictures...I was taking them at the last minute as we were trying to get out the door for school. Thanks for looking -


No comments: